November 15, 2020 12:00 am
Half or Full Marathon
About the Clinic
The Clinic Package Includes:
- Weekly Training Schedule in Free Version of Training Peaks
- Paces customized in Training Peaks based on your goal times
- Email questions to clinic Coach Carey
- Forerunners clinic souvenir shirt
- Weekly training tips in Run Clinic Newsletter
- Access to Strava Forerunners Virtual Run Group
- Discount on store purchases of footwear and apparel
- Weekly clinic group 30 min Zoom call
What Can I Do To Prepare?
By the start of the clinic you should be able to run 3 to 4 times per week and you should be prepared to run 10 km easy for your first long run. Make sure you’re in the correct footwear for your particular biomechanics (and that they still have life in them) and your apparel is adequate for enjoying the full range of winter weather conditions.
What Should I Expect?
Expect to have a unique online training experience to maintain community during these isolating times. Even if we can't run together in a group it doesn't mean our running experience needs to exist in a void.
Meet the Instructor
Current head coach of Forerunners Main Street running clinics. Enjoys helping runners of all levels reach their goal whether first marathon or achieving a personal best. Coach of more than 1000 runners for half and full marathons through Forerunners running clinics. Coach of more than 100 Boston Marathon qualifiers through Forerunners running clinics. A 2:12 Marathoner and competitor in the 1996 Olympic Marathon. Best time in the half marathon 1:03 and 10,000m 28:04.