"*" indicates required fields
August 28, 2022 7:07 am
To qualify for this challenge you must have run the Seven Summits of Vancouver Urban Challenge.
Summit Challenge 2022 route runs to the top of the Grouse Grind and back down using the BCMC trail. The total distance is 47km (there is no official measurement of the course). The challenge starts and finishes at Forerunners Main Street located at 3889 Main Street (and 23rd). The participants must run or walk the challenge course.
This is not a race. Completion of the challenge entitles participants to receive a t-shirt and entry for a draw prize for New Balance running shoes and other running accessories.
There is no support and there are no aid stations during this challenge. Bring your own water and running gels. The course does pass several water fountains where you can refill your water bottle or hydration pack. There are several washrooms along the course. You will beprovided with a course map and the map will display water fountains on the course.
Entry fee: $35 donated to charity.
- Challengers sign up on Strava and join the Forrunners Main Street “Club” on Strava.
- Wear a GPS watch or use a phone mapping application that connects with Strava.
- Participants must post their run or walk on Strava where is visible in the Forerunners Main Street Clubactivities to demonstrate completion of the challenge.
- Minimal 10 oz. water bottle
- Minimum 7 food gels
- $30 cash for cab fare in case you are unable to complete the challenge
- Personal ID
- Signed challenge waiver provided at the time of check in
- Printed course map (The map is posted on Strava in the Forerunners Main Street Club discussion.)
- Participants must check in before starting and show they have all required items
- Check in time is 6:47 am
- Challenge start time is 7:07 am
- Maximum completion time (9 hours 40 min) 4:47 pm