"*" indicates required fields
October 20, 2019 7:07 am
Check-in October 20th at 6:47am
The Forerunners Main Street Four Cities 47km Urban Challenge route includes running in four cities of the Lower Mainland Vancouver that the participants must climb during the run. The total distance is 47 km (there is no official measurement of the course). The Challenge starts and finishes at Forerunners Main Street located at 3889 Main Street (at 23rd). The participants must run or walk the challenge course.
This is not a race. Completion of the challenge entitles participants to receive a t-shirt and entry for a draw prize for New Balance running shoes and other running accessories. The draw prizes will be made after the final challenge in October. Complete all three challenges for an additional award.
There is no support and there are no aid stations during this challenge. Bring your own water and running gels. The course does pass several water fountains where you can refill your water bottle or hydration pack. There are several washrooms along the course. You will be provided with a course map and the map will display water fountains on the course.
$7.70 donated to local charity.
- Challengers sign up on Strava and join the Forerunners Main Street “Club” on Strava.
- Wear GPS watch or use a phone mapping application that connects with Strava.
- Participants must post their run or walk on Strava where is visible in the Forerunners Main Street Club activities to demonstrate completion of the challenge.
- Minimum 10 oz water bottle
- Minimum 7 food gels
- $30 cash for cab fare in case you are unable to complete the challenge
- Personal ID
- Signed challenge waiver provided at time of check-in
- Printed course map
Participants must check in before starting and show they have the required items
Check-in Time 6:47 am
Challenge Start Time 7:07 am
Maximum completion time (9 hours 40 min) 4:47 pm